Sunday, January 16, 2011

A sudden realization:

This post may not seem to be the most insightful revelation pertaining to our time in Taiwan, but I believe it is a very pragmatic application of my experience in the country.

After visiting the hot springs high in the mountains, my head cleared by the healing effects of the sulfur water, I realized that Austin College is missing something.

There is an important element to our university which is horribly lacking, and or at least, from which the attendees would benefit highly from. Austin College does not have hot springs. But we need them. Ask anyone who participated in the ritual of running between steaming pools in the cold rain today and they will agree.

We need hot springs in Sherman. Enough said.

Well, almost enough. Having some of those fish that bite the dead skin off your feet would be nice too. And yes, that sounds a bit disgusting but it is actually very fun. I would warn that they tickle something terrible, however.

I think it is clear we should submit the proposal for the Austin College hot springs to whatever governing board handles geothermal energy at the university immediately.

That is all for now.

PS: I will actually post a serious blog/post/thing later, but for now, the less serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment